Monday, November 15, 2010

Yibber-Yabber and a Quilt

Sunday was dedicated to bustin' out the old quilt (I started it in June). Coach Karen (my mom-in law) came over and helped me out. Karen has a huge wealth of quilting knowledge (she's been quilting for years!) I learned about proper pins, pressing techniques and the importance of the 1/4 inch seam. The time flew by with all our yibber-yabber and before I knew it the majority of my top quilt was assembled! Eureka! Thanks so much Karen. xoxo KR

Karen

I just realized when looking at this picture...I sew in this sweater ALL the time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting! Do you already have the backing fabric picked out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Kristen, but I want to see the finished quilt!!! Karen is an excellent coach. You and Sara (Erik's cousin) should get together sometime and quilt. She has really gotten into it too!

    ReplyDelete