Monday, November 8, 2010

Craft and Create

This past weekend was great; filled with crafting and creating.  I met with my regular sewing ladies (Sciarrino and Amber) for a full day of chit-chat, laughing, and lots & lots of sewing.   Amber was generous and let me play in her fabric scrap pile, which is awesome. We made fun camera straps using scraps, which is something that I’ve been wanting to do for a long, long time. Sciarrino worked away on a top secret project for PMQG (will post about it when it’s ready).  I have to give a seriously huge shout out to B.J. for watching Tuesday (Amber and BJ's daughter) so we ladies could have a full day of crafting.  We occupied the Garrison’s house way later than we had planned, which is a sign of a great day...one you just don't want to end.




This was my dad's camera strap, from way back when. He gave it to me with his FTb Canon Manual Camera, which was the first camera that sparked my love for photography. 


Of Course I had to jazz it up a bit!


This is Amber's strap. Yes, she's a pro quilter. Can you tell! I honestly think her strap is perfectly suited for her new business, Life in Color, Photo.


Amber and I with our fun camera straps. Please don't look at my hair. It was raining earlier!


Sciarrino working on project "Top Secret"


Nothing beats the feeling of making, giving, or receiving something that was handmade. Viva craft and create!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to dig into my scrap pile with me. I did so again yesterday to make a strap for my mom. I think I'll be diving in there more and more, I seem to have caught a sewing bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with my old camera strap. I bet you could add these to your production line. Miss you,talk soon! Love,D

    ReplyDelete