Monday, November 8, 2010

Craft and Create II

Last fall I spotted these cute velvet pumpkins created by Hot Skwash but hesitated to buy them at the time and had to wait a whole year before I finally was able to find them again.  This last weekend I ventured to a nifty shop in downtown Portland called Ink and Peat and bought both a blue and orange pumpkin.  As soon as I got home from the store I decided two just wasn’t enough (they looked so lonely!) so I ripped the stems off of my rotting, carved ‘kins, picked up some velvet fabric on sale, 6 bags of rice, and made my own attempt at some plush pumpkins.  Now I have a small family of velvety pumpkins nestled on top of our coffee table.  Perfect for autumn!




2 comments:

  1. Love them on your coffee table! I need to get me some stems stat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you style things Kristen!

    ReplyDelete