Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home Inspiration

I have been reading and collecting home design magazines for decades! Okay, maybe a bit less than that, but I love interior design homes nonetheless. There is something so interesting about the way people live, the things they treasure and collect, their choice of style, whether that style is country, modern, classic or maybe all of the above. I personally have a thing for old homes...maybe due to my upbringing (my dad was alway swooning over the fabulousness of old architecture).  I love when people use their ability to take something old and make it new and beautiful, which is exactly what Erik and I have been trying to do with our 1923 craftsman-style home.  Due to my passion for reading interior based magazines/blogs, I see a lot of different styles and ideas.  It's been a while since a home really caught my eye like the following place did. The crisp, clean feel speaks to me!  I also love the old-school tile work and the contrast of lacquer black vs. calming cream...mmmm delish.  I think we will be using this post from Decorology as a bit of inspiration with our own home renovations.  Stay tuned for some of our own home reno/re-do pics.








Images via KML Design

1 comment:

  1. I can't figure out where the refrigerator is but I still love that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete