Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Online Magazines...Awesome!

There's no hiding it...I am a magazine JUNKIE.  Gardening, home, crafting, style, cooking, medical; if it exists in a magazine format, I need to read it.  My affinity for magazines was one of the first nuisances I confessed to my now husband early on in our relationship. There is just something special about poring over the glossy, crisp colorful pages and it fills me with delight. I look forward to my monthly learning and inspiration as if it's Christmas! So when I started hearing about these new online magazines popping up everywhere I couldn't be any more excited.  Designed to function like any normal paper magazine, you can turn each page of the e-magazine, there's a feature appendix, and even advertisements. Only now you can zoom in, select images to save on your computer, or do further research on a topic, all while reducing the amount of magazine storage boxes in the basement.  They are even designed to look and feel like real magazines, with cool page turning graphics.  Could it get any better? And with the tablet PCs becoming all the rage, I no longer have to lug huge stacks of magazines around with me wherever I go.  It's awesome for traveling!  I only have to carry one wee little tablet and I have the world at my fingertips!  Wouldn't it be fun to get some of your creative, inspiring friends and design a magazine? Anyone, anyone?

Well here are a few of my favorite online magazines. Let me know what your favorite online magazines are.








1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of on line magazines, & I'm not sure if I like the idea. But after I read this, I googled "on line quilting magazines" & it came up Fons & Porter (which I already have a subscription to), & you could click on Digital Issues, now available, free preview, which I did. Kind of cool, but really, I like having scads of quilting mags around. If I'm not quilting, I'm sitting in bed thumbing through my quilting mags. I've never thrown any away! I just don't think I could get into the online version, myself, but whatever floats your boat!

    ReplyDelete