Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Craft and Create I

I have been a busy little elf this last week. Crafting and creating some special gifts for some special peeps so unfortunately to keep the gifts a surprise, I can't show you what I've been up too. But I did manage to squeak a mini project in which has taken me forever to actually complete! On our last vacation to NYC, Erik and I happened upon the most whimsical gallery I've ever visited. Tucked into the nifty blocks of the West Village is a cute little gallery full of Kass Glasswork items. When you duck into the tiny store you feel like Alice in Wonderland checking out the rabbit hole. Instantly, I was smitten with all the beautiful historical prints and decoupage collections. I just had to bring one home as a trip memento, so I snagged this one to decorate our home.

Before: plain and easily un-noticed.

A few supplies, fabric, hardboard, and staple gun

A frame with a fresh coat of paint.

A few staples

There she be! Much better.

1 comment:

  1. well done! I especially love the type on the rice (?) sack.

    ReplyDelete