Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Craft and Create I

Bacon jam! Yes, I know, it takes a minute to wrap your mind around the idea. Let me help; picture this fresh French bread, slightly melting brie cheese, and a smear of bacon jam to tie the savory perfection of deliciousness together. Or, whip up a fancy BLT. OH GOD it's good... sooooo good and not too tricky to make. I followed Martha Stewart's recipe from the December 2010 issue of Everyday Food and it's no secret, I am very pleased with the results. I'm thinking these will make excellent hostess gifts. 



There was a lot of onion chopping, so I sported my goggles... didn't work and I looked like a dork. Lesson learned.

Mini tip. Instead of frying mass quantities of bacon I place the meat on wire racks on trays and baked it. Worked great and really reduced the excess fat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment