Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Craft and Create I

Did I mention I'm a new member of the PMQG? The first activity I'm participating in as a member of the guild is a scrap swap. All members were encouraged to bring in some of their favorite scrap fabric to our last meeting...the trick was it all had to fit in a plastic zip-lock bag. All of the zip-lock bags of fabric were then put into a pot and each person chose one at random. Our task is to use the fabric in the bag we picked, add one piece of our own fabric, and then use any amount of notions to create something cool for the original fabric owner to use. So, this coming Thursday I get to present my creation to the original owner of the fabric and I also get to see what somebody did with my scrap pieces of fabric! It's like Christmas! I'm very excited! So here is what I made for my buddy:



It's an Amy Butler bag...pretty cool and useful as my mother-in-law made one for me in the past that I use all the time!

1 comment: