Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkins, Corn and Apples... Oh My!

What an amazing weekend we had!  Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful sunny days filled with friends and family. I love October when it's still warm and full of fall colors.  I'm pretty sure it's safe to say the fall season has by far the best eating.  Yes, that's correct, Erik and I occupied ourselves this Sunday with mass amounts of fall traditions and food!  I am still full! Check out more pictures on Picasa.

 

To kick off the perfect pumpkin search we fuel up with fresh picked corn on the cob, drizzled with locally churned butter.  Yep, pretty much the best fall food ever!


The Pumpkin Patch is crazy busy this time of year.  Corn mazes, market, hay-stack mountains, pumpkin patches, animal barn, and hay-bale rides are just some of the activities available. 


This is it...The Perfect 2010 Pumpkin.  I have to admit I'm usually partial to the lengthy ones.


I always bring the muscle. 



Following the trip to the Pumpkin Patch Erik and I ventured over to the Portland Nursery, where every October they host an annual apple tasting event.  


Crazy array of apple varieties including Cameo, Ambrosia, and Spartan. 



But best of all, the Apple Strudel.  I Love Fall!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Kristen! Perfect weather for all those activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen you guys should check out Portland Nursery, but go early!

    Heather, how the heck are you? We got to get you guys to PDX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm great! I want to come for a visit for sure! It looks like my kind of city!!!

    ReplyDelete