Monday, October 11, 2010

Jodi's 26.2

This past Sunday I awoke to the downpour of rain.  Normally this would be a comforting, common sound for this season, but this time I was worried about my dear Fro-worker Jodi.  In about 30 minutes she would be starting her 26.2 mile marathon adventure.


A bunch of us bundled up for the rainy skies and headed out with hot chocolate in hand to cheer Jodi on around mile 19.

Though I missed her due to her speediness and my desperate need to dash to the restroom honeybucket it was very exciting to see how amazingly well she was doing.  She was rocking the race and was even able to make a quick hug-stop.


The Portland City Marathon holds a special place in my heart.  Erik and I sought out the challenge of running it two years ago. Though we weren't running for speed, and as we say in our office "we came in #1 behind the #1", I can truly appreciate how much grueling time every participant spent training for this accomplishment.  Congrats Jodi! Come rain or shine your legs carried your smile all the way to your amazing finish. I'm so proud and inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment