Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Coat Named Sheila

This past weekend I met up with my good, good, good friend Tex.  The mission for the meet up... find and purchase the perfect vintage fur coat.  I'm pleased to say the mission was executed and accomplished.  


We checked out this fabulous vintage store called Keep'em Flying on NW 21st.  Don't let its tiny size fool you, it is packed to the brim with amazing male and female vintage finds. 


Did I mention that I have a love affair with vintage hats?  Lets just say I had my fill in this store and went home with a fantastic tulle beehive. 



Pure torture. Too bad I've been blessed with clod-hopper sized feet, because I would majorly sport a few of these slippers.


I did not leave empty handed. I walked out of the store with a classic Olympia typewriter for $35.  Swoon!  And I just about lost it the other night when watching Mad Men Season 4 I witnessed Donald Draper punch out a personal letter on his very own Olympia typewriter. Obsessed? I think so!


All in all, it was a very successful shopping trip.  Tex found the coat of her dreams, and named it Sheila (kicking myself for not taking a picture to share).  And I happily left with a funny hat and fun typewriter.  I love you Tex.






No comments:

Post a Comment