Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Re-cap: San Francisco

Tada...here is the photo-collage of my zip of a trip to San Fran. I was spoiled with a stay at the Nob Hill Fairmont, which began with bumping into a couple of A-listers (along with their entourages) while checking in at the front desk. Though totally excited, I played it cool. Hell, I was in the swanky lobby of the Fairmont! Upon arriving in my room I discovered a bathroom stocked full of Miller Harris body products...saweeet!!!  In private, I have no pride, I swiped everything! This is the very reason I bring my own soap, so I can stash the good stuff in my purse! 

While in the bay area, my mom suggested I buy a crab at the Fisherman's Wharf.  Great suggestion, and I followed through, but I failed her in my attempt at eating the whole crab. If you know my mom you would know she does not let a shred of crab go to waste.  She meticulously and methodically sucks those crustaceans dry. I however managed to spill mine all over my new black chinos. Bummer...but it was worth it. I marched all over the city, up the hills, through the markets, around Chinatown, and even through the most amazing museum, the Musee Mecanique for antique coin operated fair games, which was totally cool but also a bit eerie! All in all, it was a great trip, and yes, I did get a bit of work done!



The San Francisco Cannery where the largest peach cannery once existed


San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf







1 comment:

  1. Still won't tell who you ran into… hummmmm. Sometimes I just want a boat so I can name her. :)

    ReplyDelete