Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Craft and Create

Wow, what a day! Nothing beats a pounding headache, a bout of insomnia, and a nagging knee. Hopefully you can sense the sarcasm! But don't feel bad for me, if anyone deserves a groan it's my lovely co-workers who have to listen to me complain all day! Oh god that must be awful. So sorry guys. But, I didn't start a blog so I can whine about things, so let's move on to more positive things. CRAFT AND CREATE! For Christmas I received a new sewing machine...I named her Lovely Bee. What better way to christen my new machine than to sew a unique sewing machine cover.


The fabric is vintage from an antique shop I ventured to when Erik and I took our trip to the Oregon Coast. I love the print; it matches the vintage wild-rose postcard collection I've got displayed in my craft studio.  Wild roses always remind me of my grandma, she always had a beautiful scent of rose.  I used my favorite ribbon in the world, it's french but I purchase it through my friend Amber's awesome store The Ribbon Jar


I designed the pattern my self and mostly used plain thick canvas. I added side pockets to stash in-progress patterns and instructions. A bright beginning to many sewing projects together!

2 comments:

  1. Perfection. I think you and your machine are going to get along great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so adorable. It will keep Lovely Bee nice & warm.

    ReplyDelete