Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Craft and Create I - Mug Rug

The first official PMQG activity for 2011 is to create a "mug-rug". I’m not going to lie...at first I was a bit skeptical. Since I don't have any kids, I was thinking "what the heck will I use that for?"…well, I just finished my first rendition and I’m sold. I’m super psyched because this little mug-rug was my first quilting project to be officially completed. On Sunday, Erik and I ventured over to Erik’s parents' place for dinner and Karen, my quilting mentor and mom-in-law, gave me my first free-motion quilting lesson. I learned how to sandwich a quilt and then bind it along with some tricks to crisp mitered corners. I may be biased since I made it, but I love how it turned out, and I can’t wait to see what others bring to tomorrow’s PMQG meeting.

A mug-rug. A coaster large enough for your tea-cup and a snack! Tomorrow we bring our completed Mug-Rug to the PMQG meeting for a blinded swap. Exciting!


1 comment:

  1. It's great kristen congrats on your first finished project! Wish I could have been at the meeting. But good thing I'm at home as I'm up with a feverish stuffed up baby :(

    ReplyDelete