Monday, September 27, 2010

My Vintage Finds

Did I mention how much I love to scour second-hand stores, estate sales, and antique shops?  I JUST LOVE USED STUFF!  Or better yet, another's person trash welcomed into our home as my new treasure.  I have to confess that sometimes I'm so pleased with my score that I hesitate to remove the price tag because the tag is a sweet proof of victory. Erik and I are fortunate that we live in a 1923 craftsman-style home which we bought three years ago. I feel as though the vintage era of our home suits the eclectic items I discover during my thrifting adventures.

Well, my most recent antique hunt took place across the dear state of Montana.  Currently, I'm looking for stuff with a 1950-1960's vibe.  Some may think this new fascination has to do with my favorite AMC series Mad Men but to be honest it's actually stuff we're going to use in our 1963 Aloha camp trailer.  HUGE FIXER UPPER!  One of our bright ideas which is definitely not one of my Dad's favorites.  None-the-less, I am looking for inspiration to channel into our trailer project, like these melmac dishes, and adorable glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment