Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On the Road... Again

I'm on the road again and this time I'm hitting up Dallas, Texas. To be honest, I won't have much "touristy" time, so I packed my bags in preparation for some serious reading. With my bag bulging at the seams from the weight of my books (I couldn't decide on just one) and my laptop, I experienced my first time hankering for some form of media like the iPad. Thinking...still thinking about it. I'm a bit nostalgic when it comes to reading. I love the ritual of going to Portland's Powell books and seeking out my new read. I love the christening crease made with the first page turn. I love putting my book down for the evening and taking a peek at my bookmark location/page progress. No matter what people say, I know I will miss that. However, I will not miss lugging around hefty novels. What are your thoughts on the new forms of reading media?

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to give up tangible books, but there is something very fun about reading them on the iPad. Pro: immediate dictionary look up (highlight the word and the definition will pop up). Con: you can not share the book with a friend. You won't regret getting one. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete